Wed, Apr 19|
Lunch and Learn
Priscilla Marshall from Columbus Audubon will be speaking on how to create a bird friendly yard! You don't want to miss this exciting lunch and learn!
Time & Location
Apr 19, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
Columbus, 3603 Weems Rd, Columbus, GA 31909, USA
About the event
Our monthly Lunch and Learn Series is a chance to participate in an informal learning session on the third Wednesday of every month. The topics range from gardening basics, growing tips and history on specific flora and fauna varieties, environmental conservation, pollinators and birds, community programs, flower arranging, self-improvement through nature, and more.
The presentation goes for approximately 45 minutes, with a 15-minute Q&A session at the end. Bring your lunch or order our Food Mill options and enjoy during the presentation. CBG volunteers provide a dessert and beverage to share with everyone that attends.
An experienced instructor with the knowledge and skills to give trusted and accurate information on the class subject leads each class.
We recommend purchasing your tickets ahead of time to guarantee your seat. Space is limited to 25 people. You may purchase tickets online or by calling the main office.
Masks are not required. We ask that you do stay home if you are experiencing symptoms of a contagious illness.
- January 18, 2023 – Camellias
- February 15, 2023 – Shoal Lilies
- March 15, 2023 – Converting your yard into a native plant paradise
- April 19, 2023 – Creating a Bird Friendly Yard
- May 17, 2023 – Dazzling Daylilies
- June 21, 2023 – Choosing the Right Rose for Your Landscape
- July 19, 2023 – Mushrooms!
- August 16, 2023 – Native Bees
- September 20, 2023 – Dahlias
- October 18, 2023 – TBA
- November 15, 2023 – TBA
Members: FREE entry Non-members: $10
THE FOOD MILL LUNCH OPTIONS!We are partnering with the Food Mill on boxed lunches for Lunch and Learns! We will have two different options to choose from:
(1) a veggie burger with swiss, lettuce, tomato, onion, aioli and pickled red onion, or (2) chicken salad sandwich with lettuce, tomato and onion.
The sides for both will be chips. No substitutions will be allowed.
The prices are:
Non-member w/ lunch: $20
Member w/ lunch: $15
Those who want lunch MUST register ahead of time online (No later than the Tuesday before Lunch and Learn).
Lunch and LearnPrice optionPriceQuantityTotal
Non-Member w/ Meal
+$0.63 service fee
+$0.63 service fee